Things I am proud of
Here’s a few random things I’m proud to have been part of.
“Current” Python Projects
- pvoutput - for managing solar power data on PVOutput.org
- pygoodwe - GoodWe Solar API library.
- goodwe2pvoutput - Ties the above two projects together, taking the data from your Goodwe inverter and upload it to PVOutput.org.
- pyaussiebb - Interacting with my favourite ISP, Aussie Broadband
- mqttgpio - A MQTT-based controller for GPIOs on a Raspberry Pi, which integrates with Home Assistant.
- pfsense-api-client - A client library for the unofficial pfSense API.
- github_linter - I realised that I have so many projects that I needed a project to manage the projects. Yeah, I know.
- kanidm - Active participant in the dev process, generally just working to make 📎 clippy happier and clarifying documentation.
- drinkz.org - a little Django site to keep track of beverages I’ve owned/enjoyed/tried.
- terraform_lambda - A terraform module for spinning up an AWS Lambda Function
- aws_redirector_module - Terraform module for setting up a CloudFront-fronted S3 redirector. Redirect one URL to another.
The only scheduled, practiced talk I have done so far is “How to (not) fail2ban with Splunk”. The slides are here: talk-fail2ban-splunk.
- amberelectric - Started the amberelectric python package, since handed off to the company.
- vsx_map - Checkpoint VSX Mapping magic. For far too long I helped manage some big VSX clusters, this pulls data from the internals to identify how different virtual firewalls connect to each other.
- tarmunger - A terrible python script to do terrible things to tarfiles. For a while I was pulling down big tar backups of accounts and needed to shrinkify them.
Really minor other things
Sometimes it’s just nice to remember things one’s sorted, y’know.
- 2020-12-07 Removed numpy from Opsgenie’s Python SDK
- 2020-12-29 Helped fix some issues with Armbian’s download router
- 2022-03-31 My implementation of
JSONResultsReaderis merged into splunk-sdk-python v1.6.19, providing a 100X speed boost to pulling results from Splunk with Python and the REST API.
- 2022-04-10 A billion hits!