When you get one of the following errors on boot for a DC series computer (including DC7800, DC7900, DC8100, DC8200
- 2231-ME error during MEBx execution
- 2232-AMT error during MEBx execution
- 2233-HECI error during MEBx execution
- Reboot the computer.
- If the error persists, update to the latest BIOS version and ME firmware version.
- If the error still persists, replace the system board.
That seemed a bit stupid, replace the motherboard? Surely there’s another way. Rebooting it doesn’t normally fix much, but there’s a few things I read that seem to fix it.
- Clear the CMOS
- Remove the power cable
- Take the case lid off
- Locate the yellow “CMOS” button on the motherboard - it should be near an edge, on my SFF model it was near the CPU cooler.
- Press and hold that button down (gently, it’ll click slightly when it’s down) for about ten seconds
- Change some settings in the BIOS
- Power the machine on, and while the blue HP logo is showing, press F10 a few times.
- Move across to the Advanced menu
- Select Management Operations
- Ensure “MEBx Setup Prompt” is set to Displayed
- Press F10
- Press F10 to select “Save Changes and Exit”
- Press Enter
Hopefully this should have sorted the problem, it did for me.